Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Art of Scanography

It’s incredible to discover how far one artist can go to prefect a new and unusual technique. Scanned art is a media I've rarely ever heard of until just recently in class when proposing a project that resolves around scanning objects. At first I would have figured one couldn't do much with scanners aside of placing objects on the top panel, but that all changed when the artist Maggie Taylor was brought up as an example. By my astonishment, her work oddly resembles more of classical paintings more so than a collage of scanned images merged together with the help of editing programs. I would have never believed it had if some stranger told me these images were taken from a scanner. 

These are all samples of Maggie Taylor's work, more can be seen on her webpage through this link






1 comment: